As much as I try to hype winter weather up during the holidays, I’m always happy to see the snow disappear and nature begin to blossom new life. I’m not going to lie, I get the winter blues and every year I always question why I get so blah, then I remember… oh yaaaa, it’s winter!! Even Jack prefers the warmer months. The other day we were about to do something outside, and Jack says to me, “when is the snow going to go away, I want to play in the sprinkler.” Enough said! We’re a little stir crazy and I refuse to bundle up and get my hair blown across my face while the kids battle frost bitten cheeks! OK, I’m done ranting on about winter. Let’s focus on spring because I know we’ve all got it on our minds.
We are SOOOO ready for spring in this household! One of the best feelings about spring is when the sun seems that much brighter, our spirits are uplifted and theres a little pep in your step, basically you want to jump up and down doing cartwheels across your neighbours lawn. Maybe not so extreme, but its time lock away our winter gear and focus on our spring wardrobes- who’s with me!?
Because we’re all cheering for those warmer days ahead, I’ve rounded up a few of my favourite “Spring Wardrobe Essentials.”
- Straw Fedora — A fedora is one of those statement accessories that also serves a great purpose during those hotter months! I imagine wearing this from the beach to shopping and having coffee with friends. Who doesn’t love a good hat!!
- Tassel Scarf — This indigo print tassel scarf has me swooning! I’ve been seeing this textile all over the design world, it’s just modern, fresh and fun. Wear this with your fav boyfriend jeans or dress it up with a black dress and strappy heels. A lightweight scarf is perfect for transitioning into spring.
- Ruffle T-Shirt — Drapey, soft and comfortable, we are seeing boho inspired tees becoming this year’s new modern t-shirt. The ruffle tee is sure to be an essential in your closet!
- Chambray Shirt — Just as denim is for everyone, I can guarantee one of these already exists in your closet, if not you’re missing out! These chambray shirts are found all over in various styles ranging from boyfriend to slim fitting. What I love most about these shirts is that from one season to another, you’re able to wear them with anything!
- Button Suede Skirt— How cute is this slightly flared suede skirt!? I’ve been seeing this 70’s inspired front-button skirt everywhere from denim to suede. It’s so versatile; add a crop top, leather jacket and some cute shoes, you’re good to go!
- Lace Up Ballet Flats — There’s a new shoe in town, aren’t these so fun and stylish!! The lace up ballet flats have probably already taken up your IG feed, I know they have mine. Who could go back to boring flats after rocking a pair of these beauties?
- Utility Jogger — These are not your average jogging pants, although they’re both comfortable and edgy. I have a thing for army green and these deserve all the heart eyes!! Pair these bad boys with some cute sneakers or even dress them up with a strappy heel. I’m in love!
- Lily Tote Diaper Bag — YES, you read “diaper bag”!! For all those mama’s out there, here’s the perfect sleek and sophisticated bag to store all of your necessities which doesn’t look like the typical diaper bag! There’s even an interior insulated pocket ideal for bottles during the diaper years and snacks for the toddler years. Can I get an AMEN!!
- Tomgirl Jean — With major cool girl vibes, these jeans are so comfy you’ll want to sleep in them! They’re oversized, sit low, but still flatter with a relaxed leg that tapers slightly. These jeans are perfect to throw on when in a rush, yet still make you feel and look put together ;)
- Skechers Burst Sneaker — Featuring a high top with a sleek silhouette, air-cooled memory foam which gives you comfort in every step. This is the coolest sneaker, even Demi Lovato rocks ’em!
- T-Shirt Dress — Everyone loves a good t-shirt, so why not introduce a t-shirt dress into your wardrobe!! Wear with leggings during the cooler months and as a dress during the hotter months, this is a transitional piece you can’t resist!
- Daniel Wellington Watch — This classic watch is known for its clean lines and simple design, it’s a timeless piece looks effortlessly beautiful dressed up or down. You’ll end up never taking it off!
I’m all about the neutrals this year and that’s because they can go with multiple items in your closest and carry over from one season to the next. In the past, Iv’e made the mistake of buying something I only wear once, then it sits in my closet sadly year after year until I decide to get rid of it. Over time, I have learned to buy items that are much more versatile with my current wardrobe. The trick is to stock your closet with those classic pieces, find “your colour” and use that to accent your wardrobe… Can you tell which “accent” colour is my fav? Exactly! I’m no pro when it comes to fashion, but I do however know what I look and feel my best in!